History of BBM
The milestones of BBM:
- In 1989, BBM was founded as a subsidiary of MIVA, with the main objective of further professionalizing the delivery of MIVA vehicles. The BBM was also able to offer its know-how to other relief organizations, so that soon after vehicles were delivered to the areas of application, a wide variety of relief supplies. With its expertise in logistics and exports, BBM is actively helping to save costs and thus optimally use the donations.
- In 1995, in addition to the purchase and delivery of relief supplies, the implementation of technical projects was started with a focus on ecology and sustainability: diesel generators are replaced by photovoltaic systems. Water is no longer heated by wood-burning stoves, as in hospital laundries, but by solar collectors. With such projects, BBM helps the environment and the people who live in it at the same time. The BBM team attaches great importance to the exchange with the local population. Only those who listen and respond to people can consider the real needs and find solutions together. These considerations were also central to the construction of the Christophorus house.
- In 2003, the ChristophorusHouse was built, which not only facilitates the work for the BBM team, but also expresses as ecological and innovative construction, for which the BBM stands with its projects: Not only we, but also future generation should be informed of our current actions benefit.
- In 2019, 30 years BBM. The BBM has established itself as a non-profit service provider in the EZA, its services are appreciated by many partners worldwide.
Performance Record 2019
297 projects were conducted in 31 countries, thereof 291 in Africa, 1 in Europe, 3 in North-America and 2 in Oceania.
The following goods / services with a total delivery value of EUR 6.47 million were realised:
- 144 Vehicles
- 17 General Aid Shipments
- 18 Medical Projects
- 118 Technical – ecological projects and expert assignments, thereof 7 major projects